Vitel Tonnè | Piemonte | Italian recipes
- Readers Rating
- Rated 5 stars
5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating
The vitel tonnè is a traditional recipe of the north Italy based on the particular combination of veal slices with a creamy tuna sauce. What makes this dish so delicious is the tenderness of the veal slices enriched by the unique taste of the tuna and eggs cream.
Table of Contents
Vitel Tonnè: ingredients for 6 people
- 800g Veal
- 1 Onion
- 1,5L Water
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Celery
- A Clove of Garlic
- ½ Teaspoons Black Pepper grains
- 250g White Wine
- 1 Carrot
- 2 Pinches Salt
Click on each ingredient to buy it in one click! If you need italian products for your italian recipe go to The Italian Community shop. You can find all the Italian products in the UK.
Vitel Tonnè: instructions
- To prepare the viteltonnè, start by cleaning the vegetables that will be used to cook the meat. Wash them, then peel the carrot and cut it into pieces.
- Remove the ends of the celery and cut it into pieces.
- Peel the onion and divide it into 2 parts.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and add the garlic.
- Prepare the meat by removing any fat filaments.
- In a large saucepan, put the veal, thechopped vegetables, the garlic clove and the black pepper grains.
- Pour white wine and then the water so as to cover it all.
- Add the salt and then the oil.
- Turn on the heat and wait until it reaches the boil, then manually remove the foam that will surface.
- Then close the lid, lower the flame and let it cook for about 40-45 minutes, remembering that for every 500 g of meat it takes approximately 30 minutes of cooking. It is important that the meat does not exceed 65 ° C which can be measured with a kitchen thermometer.
- When the veal is ready, drain it and let it cool completely.
- Then remove the pepper and the garlic clove and let the obtained stock shrink to high flame for ten minutes.
- When the stock is ready drain the vegetables in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, prepare the boiled eggs. Dive the fresh eggs in a pot of cold water. Turn on the heat and let it cook for 9 minutes from when the water starts to boil. Then rinse them under cold water.
- After cooling, shell the eggs and cut them in 4 pieces.
- Combine the egg whites in the bowl with the vegetables.
- Add to the vegetables and egg mixture the tuna, the anchovies, the capers and a tablespoon of stock.
- Use the immersion blender and add more stockif needed. Blend the sauce until you get a smooth cream.
- At this point the meat should be completely cold. Slice it thinly with a sharp knife and place the slices in a platter.
- Pour the cream in the middle and decorate with caper fruits.
Need more recipes? Here you can find all the Italian recipes!
Tell us your favorite Italian recipe. It’ll be broadcasted through our shop, blog and social media! Email it to email@example.com