Tiramisu | Veneto | Italian recipes
- Readers Rating
- Rated 5 stars
5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating
The Tiramisu is one of the most famous Italian desserts. Many different and innovative versions have been created and experimented, including the Cheesecake Tiramisu or the Nutella Tiramisu. This time though we will look at the more traditional version based on layers of Savoiardi biscuits and mascarpone cream.
Table of Contents
Tiramisu: Ingredients for 8 people
- 300g Savoiardi
- 4 Eggs
- 100g Sugar
- 300g prepared coffee
- 500g Mascarpone
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
Click on each ingredient to buy it in one click! If you need italian products for your italian recipe go to The Italian Community shop. You can find all the Italian products in the UK.
Cotoletta Milanese: instructions
- Separate the yolks from the egg withes then beat the egg withes until forming a soft foam.
- Beat the yolks with half of the sugar.
- Add the mascarpone to the yolks mixture and blend them until forming a smooth cream then let it rest.
- Add the remaining sugar to the with eggs and continue to whip.
- Add part of the egg withes mixture to the yolks and blend them with a spatula, then add the remaining mixture and continue to blend.
- Once the cream will look soft and smooth distribute a generous spoonful of cream on the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Then drizzle for a few moments the savoiardi in the cold coffee already sugary at your liking.
- Distribute the savoiardi on the cream, all in one direction, so that you get a first layer.
- Distribute another layer of the mascarpone cream on the top of the savoiardi.
- Continue to distribute the savoiardi soaked in the coffee, then make another layer of cream.
- Sprinkle the surface with the unsweetened cocoa powder and let it cool in the fridge for a couple of hours.
Need more recipes? Here you can find all the Italian recipes!
Tell us your favorite Italian recipe. It’ll be broadcasted through our shop, blog and social media! Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org