Radicchio, Gorgonzola and Prosciutto Crêpes | Italian recipes
- Readers Rating
- Rated 5 stars
5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating
Are you a Crêpes lover? This recipe offers a very creative salty version: the Radicchio, Gorgonzola and Prosciutto Crêpes are a tasty main course characterised by decisive flavors. The simple salty crepes are stuffed with the best prosciutto, radicchio from Treviso and the savoury Gorgonzola, a mix of flavors that will conquer you at the first bite.
Table of Contents
Radicchio, Gorgonzola and Prosciutto Crêpes: ingredients for 4 people
- 40g Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 300g Whole Milk
- 250g Flour Type 00
- Grated Parmesan
- 300ml Béchamel
Click on each ingredient to buy it in one click! If you need italian products for your italian recipe go to The Italian Community shop. You can find all the Italian products in the UK.
Radicchio, Gorgonzola and Prosciutto Crêpes: instructions
- Start by preparing 8 crêpes in the salty version: break the eggs in a bowl, combine the milk and mixthem with a fork.
- Place a colander on the top and sift the flour into the bowl.
- With the whips blend vigorously to allow the absorption of the flour.
- Continue to mix until obtaining a homogeneous and creamymixture.
- At this point cover the bowl Clingfilm and let it rest in the refrigeratorfor at least 30 minutes.
- Warm up a non-stick pan with a diameter of 18 to 22 cm and grease it with some butter.
- Once hot, pour a ladleful of batterin the frying pan. After about 1 minute at low heat, you should notice a slight gilding.
- Turn thecrêpe with the use of a spatula. Let the other side cook for about 1 minute.
- Repeat this operation until you finish the dough, so you should get 8 crepes of 20 cm in diameter.
- Then proceed with the preparation of the filling: wash the radicchio and cut into strips.
- Melt in a pan 40 g of butter thenadd the radicchio and let it cook in medium heat covered with a lid for ten minutes.
- Take now the crêpesand spread on each the Gorgonzola cheese.
- Then fill eachcrêpe with two slices of cured ham and the cookedradicchio; fold the crepes in half and then into four.
- Warm the béchamel in a sauce pan with two tablespoons of milk, then add the grated Parmesan and some black pepper.
- Grease acasserole dishand place in it the stuffed crepes.
- Add the béchamel sauce on top and put in the oven for 10 minutes at 180 ° on grill mode.
- Serve the Radicchio, Gorgonzola and Prosciutto Crêpesstill hot.
Need more recipes? Here you can find all the Italian recipes!
Tell us your favorite Italian recipe. It’ll be broadcasted through our shop, blog and social media! Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org