Pizza Margherita | Campania | Italian recipes
- Readers Rating
- Rated 5 stars
5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating
Probably the first thing that comes up to our mind when we think at Italian food is Pizza! Among the hundreds of different versions of pizza, surely the Pizza Margherita one remains the preferred one. What makes it really special is the quality and the taste of typical Italian products such as the tomato sauce, the mozzarella cheese and the basil.
Table of Contents
Pizza Margherita: Ingredients for 2 Pizzas
- 450g Instant Pizza Making Kit
- 500g Tomato Sauce
- 400g Mozzarella
- A pinch of Salt
- Some leaves of Basil
- 1 Tablespoon of Oregano
- Olive Oil
Click on each ingredient to buy it in one click! If you need italian products for your italian recipe go to The Italian Community shop. You can find all the Italian products in the UK.
Pizza Margherita: instructions
- Pour the water in a pitcher, add the yeast and stir with a tablespoon until the mixture becomes well blended.
- Put the flour in a bowl then add half of the water and start to knead with your hands.
- Add the salt and the remaining water and keep kneading until forming a uniform dough.
- Add the oil and continue to knead so as to incorporate it to the dough.
- Place the dough on a uniform surface and knead vigorously for few minutes then put back the dough in the bowl and cover it with some Clingfilm.
- Let it rest in a warm place for roughly 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven at 250°.
- Cut the mozzarella in small pieces, place it in a colander and let it drain.
- Put the tomato sauce in a bowl and season it with some oil, salt and the oregano.
- Take the pizza dough and divide it into two smaller doughs and let them rest for 30 more minutes.
- Then place the doughs on a uniform surface and start to spread it out.
- Grease a baking tray and place on it the pizza base.
- Season the pizza base with the tomato sauce then add the mozzarella, the oil and salt.
- Put the pizza in the oven for 15-20 minutes then take it out and garnish with some basil leaves.
Need more recipes? Here you can find all the Italian recipes!
Tell us your favorite Italian recipe. It’ll be broadcasted through our shop, blog and social media! Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org