Courgettes roll with anchovy sauce | Italian recipes
- Readers Rating
- Rated 5 stars
5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating
The courgettes roll with anchovy sauce is an innovative and delicious way to combine the delicate taste of courgettes to the stronger flavour of the anchovy sauce, everything rolled in a soft leaf of fresh pasta.
Table of Contents
Courgettes roll with anchovy sauce: ingredients for 6 people
- 400g Courgettes
- 330g Double Cream
- 300g Flour Type 00
- 100g Parmesan cheese
- 5 Eggs
- 5 Anchovies
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Click on each ingredient to buy it in one click! If you need italian products for your italian recipe go to The Italian Community shop. You can find all the Italian products in the UK..
Courgettes roll with anchovy sauce: instructions
- Blend 300g of flour with 3 eggs until you get a smooth and compact dough then cover it with the film and let it rest in the fridge for about 40 minutes.
- Amalgamate 2 eggs with 230g of double cream, 100 g of Parmesan cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into a mold. Bake at 160 °C for 40 minutes so as to get a flan type cream.
- Cut the courgettes to thin circles and pan-fry them with two spoons of oil for 8-10 minutes.
- Place the courgettes on a baking tray and let them rest.
- Combine the courgettes with the cream of Parmesan and eggs.
- Place the anchovies in a pan with 2 tablespoons of oil and let them melt in low heat then add the remaining double cream and 100g of milk. Heat the mixture in low heat without boiling.
- Add half a teaspoon of cornstarch tothe mixture to make it thicker, turn off the heat and blend it.
- Divide the dough into 4 portions of about 90g, stretch it and draw 4 rectangles (roughly 1 mm thick).
- Fill the rectangles with the cream of Parmesan, eggs and courgettes and roll them on the long side, then cut the rectangles into 3 spools each.
- Place the spools standing on a baking tray covered with baking paper andgarnish with someParmesan and a tuft of butter, then cook in the oven at 230 ° C for 4-5 ‘.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and garnish with the anchovy’s sauce.
Need more recipes? Here you can find all the Italian recipes!
Tell us your favorite Italian recipe. It’ll be broadcasted through our shop, blog and social media! Email it to email@example.com