Cold apricot cake | Italian recipes
- Readers Rating
- Rated 5 stars
5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating
The fresh and creamy consistency of the yogurt mixed with the sweet taste of the apricots creates the perfect match for a summer dessert. This cold apricot cake presents a delicate filling made of yogurt and mascarpone cheese lying on a base of biscuits and garnished with freshly cut apricots.
Table of Contents
Cold apricot cake: ingredients for 8 people
- 180g Biscuits
- 100g Butter
- 500g Greek Yogurt
- 500g Mascarpone
- 60g Whole Milk
- 12g Gelatine
- 100g Icing Sugar
- 1 Lemon peel
- 40g Apricot Jam
- 300g Apricots
Click on each ingredient to buy it in one click! If you need italian products for your italian recipe go to The Italian Community shop. You can find all the Italian products in the UK.
Cold apricot cake: instructions
- Stating with the base: melt the butter in a pan and let it cool.
- Blend the biscuits in a mixer until finely chopped.
- Then put the minced biscuits in a bowl, add the melted butter and mix the ingredients with a spoon to amalgamate them and get a sandy compound.
- Then pick a 24 cm diameter moldand cover it with oven paper.
- Pour the mixture of cookies and butter in the mold and level it uniformly with the helpof a spoon.
- Place the biscuits base in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- For the cream: Soak the gelatin sheets in a bowl of cold water and let it soften for at least 10 minutes.
- Pour the milk in a pan and bring it to the boil,then turn off the fire.
- Take the jelly, squeeze it well and then mix it with the hot milk.
- Let the milk and gelatine cool and in the meantime proceed with the preparation of the yogurt and mascarpone cream.
- Combine yoghurt and mascarpone in a large bawl. Amalgamate the ingredients with the help of the whisks and gradually incorporate the icing sugar.
- Grate the peel of a lemon and combine it together with the creamy milk and gelatine to the yogurt and mascarpone cream, then amalgamate all the ingredients.
- Take the cake base out of the fridge and pour the cream of yogurt and mascarpone levelling it up using a spatula and place it in the fridge to solidify for at least 2 hours.
- Rinse the apricots, dry them and cut in half. Remove the core and cut them in thin slices.
- After 2 hours, take the cake out of the fridge and check that the cream is solid and compacted.
- Place the apricot sliceson the top of the cake creating a sunburst drawing from the edges of the cake.
- Finally,with the help of a brush spread the apricot jam uniformly on the surface of the cake so as to cover any space left between the fruit.
Need more recipes? Here you can find all the Italian recipes!
Tell us your favorite Italian recipe. It’ll be broadcasted through our shop, blog and social media! Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org