Artichokes pie with melted heart | Italian recipes
- Readers Rating
- Rated 5 stars
5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating
The artichokes pie with melted heart is a very versatile and elegant dishto serve as appetizer. Today we will present a version with a delicatebase enriched with a melting heart of vegetables and cheese. The artichoke pie has a creamy taste and texture. If you want to prepare these pies even in other variants you can always replace the artichokes with other vegetables: spinach, leek or courgettes for example!
Table of Contents
Artichokes pie with melted heart: ingredients for 4 people
- 125g Ricotta cheese
- 150g Flour type 00
- 90g Butter
- Black Pepper
- 200g Artichoke hearts
- 60g Pecorino cheese
- 50g Pancetta
- 40g Provola cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- 150g Montasio cheese
- 150g Milk
Click on each ingredient to buy it in one click! If you need italian products for your italian recipe go to The Italian Community shop. You can find all the Italian products in the UK.
Artichokes pie with melted heart: instructions
- In a mixer place the cold chopped butter, sifted flour and a pinch of salt (add a pinch of pepper if you like).
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and combinethe ricotta cheese, then amalgamate all the ingredients together.
- Transfer the dough onto a worktop and start kneadinguntil it becomes homogeneous and compact.
- Wrap the dough insome Clingfilm and place it in the refrigerator to solidify for at least 1 hour.
- In the meantime, dedicate yourself to the filling:cut the pancetta into small pieces, leaving 4 thin rectangles for the final decoration.
- Brown the pancetta slices in a large frying pan with a clove of garlic and an olive oil.
- When they are browned combine the artichokes’ hearts, salt and pepper and let them stew for at least 20 minutes, covered with a lid.
- Once ready, turn off the fire and transfer it in a mixer.
- Combine the grated pecorino cheese and the egg in order to form a homogenous cream.
- Place the mixture obtained in a pastry bag.
- Take the dough out of the fridge andstretch it in a thin sheet of half an inch. Cut 4 circles which will be the bottom of the pies and 4 strips (7 cm wide and 20 cm long).
- Grease 4moulds: place the dough circles on the bottom and the strips on the edges removing the excess.
- Poursome artichokes cream and some chopped scamorza cheese on the bottom, then stuff with more cream until the edge of the molds and brush the edges with a beaten egg.
- Cook them in a static oven preheated at 180 ° for 30 minutes.
- While the pies cook prepare the fondue: place the finely chopped Montasio cheese in a mixer and grind it.
- Warm the milk in a saucepanuntil it reaches the boil, then turn off the fire and combine it to the groundMontasio cheese and the black pepper and mix with a whip.
- When the pies are cooked remove them from the moulds.
- Spread some fondue on a platter and place the pie upon it.
- Finally decorate with some slices of artichoke and pancetta.
Need more recipes? Here you can find all the Italian recipes!
Tell us your favorite Italian recipe. It’ll be broadcasted through our shop, blog and social media! Email it to email@example.com