3 Grains Summer Salad | Italian recipes
- Readers Rating
- Rated 5 stars
5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating
The 3 Grains summer salad is a fresh, light and delicate recipe perfectfor the summer. It is rich in fiber and poor in fat due to the presence of rice, spelt and barley which are very versatile cereals in the Italian cuisine. Once boiled, the cereals are seasoned with tomatoes, mozzarella and the delicious Genovese Pesto sauce. The result is a delicate, tasty and colorful dish. Thanks to its simple preparation and its freshness, the 3 Grain salad is ideal for lunches at the beach or to bring along for summer picnics.
Table of Contents
3 Grains Summer Salad: ingredients for 4 people
- 400g 3 Grains Rice, Spelt and Barley
- 200g Cherry tomatoes
- 200g Genovese Pesto Sauce
- 100g Mozzarella cheese
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Click on each ingredient to buy it in one click! If you need italian products for your italian recipe go to The Italian Community shop. You can find all the Italian products in the UK.
3 Grains Summer Salad: instructions
- To prepare the 3 Grains summer salad start by boiling the cereals: put in a large pot the rice-spelt-barley mixture, add abundant salt water and let them cook following the directions on the packaging (they usually need about 15-18 minutes of cooking).
- Once cooked, they will have absorbed some of the water so drain them and pour them under cold running water to block the cooking.
- Transfer them to a large bowl and keep them aside.
- Prepare the cherry tomatoes: wash them under running water and cut them in small pieces.
- Remove the preserving water of mozzarella and cut it into small dices.
- At this point, take the bowl with the cereals and add the Genovese Pesto sauce, the cherry tomatoes, the mozzarella dices and some leaves of rocket.
- Sprinkle with extra virgin olive oil and some salt.
- Mix with a spoon so as to amalgamate the cereals with the seasoning.
- Your 3 Grains summer saladis ready to be tasted and served cold.
Need more recipes? Here you can find all the Italian recipes!
Tell us your favorite Italian recipe. It’ll be broadcasted through our shop, blog and social media! Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org