Advertising copywriter for an International Beauty and Oral care Company based in UK: job description
He/She will be responsible for the linguistic content of adverts. He/She will work across a range of media and formats, interpreting account briefs to compose advertorial content such as slogans, catchphrases, tweets and scripts for tv and/or radio adverts. Typical responsibilities include:
- interpreting account briefs
- researching clients, their competitors and the target audience
- producing original, clear and credible ideas/messages/scripts, and presenting these to clients and colleagues
- monitoring campaign effectiveness
- liaising with clients and colleagues, and meeting project teams to consider advertising requirements
- updating and amending campaigns according to feedback
- supervising junior staff
- writing reports.
It is essential to have a good appreciation of what working within the advertising industry involves.
Uncommon is looking for evidence of the following skills:
- excellent self-motivation
- creativity and an ability to produce innovative and original ideas.
- commercial awareness
- ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- good teamworking skills
- attention to detail
- accuracy both in terms of grammar and information, as adverts must not be misleading