I am a Counselling Psychologist registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and also chartered by the British Psychological Society (BPS).
I truly believes that everybody is capable of making meaningful changes to their lives when they experience emotional difficulties, relationship problems, they are stuck or not happy with the way the live their life. The key to making changes is the motivation to explore and challenge oneself. People are the expert of their own experiences and I can be part of their journey leading to self-discovery and change.
I always strive to provide a safe, welcoming and non-judgmental environment to enable people to feel comfortable enough to share their difficulties with me and to work together to explore these in depth and find a way forward in order to overcome difficulties.
I believe in the power of the therapeutic relationship and how this can in itself enable people to make changes or function as a base upon which various therapeutic tools can be learnt. I see therapy as a special human encounter where many dynamics that people experience in the outside world are similarly re-created.
I am particularly interested in how people’s early and general life experiences affect their current relationships, feelings, thoughts, behaviours and current experiences. My approach can be defined as Integrative and Relational. This means that whilst using the therapeutic relationship as a base, I draw upon various therapeutic approaches including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Psychodynamic and Person-Centred Therapy. My therapeutic style is always adapted to people’s needs and sometimes working within one of these approaches over others will be more beneficial to some people. Everybody is different and my style will try to capture this.
- I practice in the Shoreditch area (London) within walking distance from Liverpool Street Station and Shoreditch High Street Station.
- Sessions are 50 minutes long
- Fees: £80 per session . Students:£50 (For Therapy and Supervision). Concession fees might be available for people on low income.
- Telephone and Skype sessions: £60
- If you are searching for the right therapist and are unsure about whether to book a first session, I can offer you a first telephone appointment for 50 minutes free of charge. This can give you the chance to hopefully decide whether you want to book a first appointment with me with no commitment.
- I offer short and long term therapy.
- I provide therapy in both English and Italian languages
- I can provide telephone and Skype therapy if necessary
- I also provide supervision - I completed the full Supervisor Training delivered by the British Psychological Society (BPS)