Dr Alberto Murino is a Consultant Gastroenterologist & Gastrointestinal Endoscopist at the Royal Free Hospital NHS Trust.
Dr Murino is a luminal gastroenterologist and Honorary Associate Professor with a special interest in diagnostic and advanced therapeutic endoscopy, including endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR), endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD), double balloon enteroscopy (DBE) and small bowel capsule endoscopy. His practice cover such areas as general gastroenterology including irritable bowel syndrome, dyspepsia, gastroesophageal reflux, coeliac disease and gastrointestinal dysmotility disorders, colonic and gastric lesions management, small bowel diseases and bloating.
Dr Murino qualified in Medicine and surgery at University of Sassari becaming a specialist in gastroenterology and gastrointestinal endoscopy (MRCP gastro equivalent) in 2009. Between 2010-2014 he completed three prestigious research fellowships in gastroenterology with a special focus in advance endoscopy in three internationally well known and recognised academic Institutions:
- Wolfson Unit for Endoscopy. St. Mark’s Institute and Academic Centre, Imperial College, London. May 2010 – September 2012
- Department of Gastroenterology, Hepato-Pancreatology, and Digestive Oncology, Erasme Hospital, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium. October 2012 – November 2013
- Department of Gastroenterology. Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine Division of Gastroenterology. Nagoya University Hospital. Nagoya, Japan. December 2013-July 2014
He then worked as Consultant Gastroenterologist in Italy until 2016 when he finally joined the Gastroenterology department at the Royal Free Hospital becoming a permanent consultant.
- General gastroenterology
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Coeliac disease
- Gastrointestinal dysmotility disorders
- Diarrhoea & Constipation
- Inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease)
- Colonic and gastric lesions management
- Small bowel diseases
- Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection (ESD)
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR)
- Double balloon Enteroscopy
- Single balloon Enteroscopy
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG)
- Endoscopy Baloon Dilatation
- Transnasal endoscopy
Dr Alberto Murino is Honorary Associate Professor at UCL and has authored more that 30 peer reviewed publications on international gastroenterology journals. He has authored more than 40 peer reviewed publication in international gastrointestinal journals (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=murino a&sort=date). He is member of the European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE), British society of Gastroenterology, American society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) and Italian Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (SIED). He is a reviewer of the Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Journal and Endoscopy Journal. He is part of the educational committee of the European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE).
He was awarded with a research prize during UEG Week 2014 (one of the largest gastroenterology congress) for a research project developed during his fellowship in Japan: Oral Free Paper Prize UEG Week 2014. Poster in the spothlight “Effectiveness of endoscopic ultrasonography during double balloon enteroscopy for suspected small bowel tumors.” Murino A, et al. UEG Week, Vienna, October 2014
Dr Alberto Murino is co-director of a large international endoscopy congress: the Royal Free International Advanced Endoscopy Masterclass (www.londonendoscopymasterclass.com) and he has attended several national and international congresses as faculty member.
- Gastrointestinal lesion resection
- Video capsule endoscopy
- Double balloon enteroscopy
- Reflux disease
- Abdominal pain
- Diarrhoea & constipation
- Coeliac Disease
Contattami per scoprire i servizi